Japanese Language Placement Test
Welcome to the Japanese Language Placement Test!
The Japanese Language Placement Test is designed to determine your level of knowledge of Japanese for the purpose of course placement at Emory.
If you have no prior knowledge of Japanese, you do not need to take the test; you may enroll in Elementary Japanese I (JPN101). All students who have previous experience with Japanese, whether through high school or university classes, tutoring, extensive self-study (> 1 year) or as a home language, are required to take the test.
Please visit the Japanese Placement site and read the instructions carefully to determine if you are eligible for exemption. You must register for the course you are placed into.
While taking the test, remember that you are now an Emory student and must follow the Emory Honor Code.
To access the test:
- Log in on Canvas (canvas.emory.edu)
- Click on “Courses” on the navigation bar on the left
- Scroll down and click on “All Courses"
- Then “Browse More Courses” on the upper-right corner of the page
- Check “Open enrollment courses only,” and then “Search”
- Hover over the Japanese Placement Test
For questions regarding the Japanese placement test, please contact Mizuki Mazzotta (firstname.lastname@example.org)