Welcome to the Japanese Language Placement Test!
If you are taking a Japanese language class for the first time at Emory, or if you have come back from study abroad and intend to continue studying Japanese at Emory,
you are required to take the Japanese language placement test! You must then register for the class you are placed into. (You may be exempt from the test if your prior experience with Japanese is negligible. Please visit the Japanese Placement site and read the instructions carefully to determine if you are eligible for exemption.)
To access the test:
- Log in on Canvas. (canvas.emory.edu);
- Click on “Courses” on the navigation bar on the left;
- Scroll down to click on “All Courses;
- Then “Browse More Courses” on the upper-right corner of the page;
- Check “open enrollment courses only,” and then “Search”
- Hover over the Japanese Placement Test for 2018-19
For questions regarding the Japanese placement test, please contact Seth Goss (firstname.lastname@example.org).